[PLUG] LTSP 5

Matt McKenzie lnxknight at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 08:31:27 UTC 2008

I was going to ask, if the difficulty in changing from Fedora Core 3 to
another distro was also a difficulty in upgrading to the more current Fedora
release.
It sounds like you are able to mitigate that?

IMHO upgrading is a good move.  Fedora release that old will start getting
stale, they won't keep doing security updates on them after a release is
more than 2 release versions old (I think that is the cut-off).  At any rate
Fedora is not meant to be a long term stable distro.

Fedora is a good desktop distro, but for a server that needs long term
stability CentOS might be a better choice.
I run Fedora 9 right now on my desktop and I like it, I have used RH stuff
since 5.0, along with Debian, Ubuntu, etc.

I expect to upgrade Fedora often, so in my case I just keep /home on a
separate partition and backup my files, upgrade (well clean re-install
usually), reintegrate my files, retweak the settings, etc.  For a desktop
this is workable but obviously this could lend to issues with a server
(unless it is just a home "tinkerer" server).
IMHO.

Good luck with it ;).