[PLUG] Upgrading Kubuntu 7.10 from CD?

Bruce KIlpatrick bakilpatrick at verizon.net
Sat Jun 14 21:31:27 PDT 2008

Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> I have a CD with Kubuntu 7.10, but I find I do not know how to use it.  I can
> use Adept to upgrade--it goes through its paces, then says it will take X hours
> to download the stuff--last chance to cancel.  Well, I have the stuff on the CD
> right here.  How do I use it to upgrade (NOT a full install)?
>
> Clue stick whacking sought.
>
> -Denis

If it is a Live CD then boot from the CD and install from there.  If it
is an install only, I think it boots and starts the process.  If you
truly want to update to 7.10, start Adept, under the Adept menu click
manage repositories, under the Third-Party Software tab you can x the
cdrom box and uncheck the http: boxes and all should be good.

There is a newer version available.  If you can make the clinic
tomorrow, they can help you.

Bruce