[PLUG] Keyboard strangeness

Matt McKenzie lnxknight at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 02:07:57 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Not quite sure how to search for this kind of error, I tried to Google a bit
but nothing relevant comes up (can't think of way to describe it in a
google-ish phrase).

So here is my big weird dilemma- capital "C" doesn't work with either shift
key, only with caps lock on.  Lowercase "c" works (obviously) and shift
works with any other letter.
My first guess is some strange config file mess up where it is capturing
shift-c for something else, not sure what though.
The only thing I can think of changing recently in regards to key combos is
compiz.

I just checked console mode (ctrl-alt-f1) and shift-c works there OK, so it
is an X issue.  (Yes I've tried restarting X)

So while I go digging through the compiz options manager again does anyone
have any other ideas where to look?  Any obvious ~/.[configname] files or
something?

Setup:
Fedora 9 x86_64,  2.6.25.6-55.fc9.x86_64, AMD64 3200, 1GB RAM, Geforce
6600GT (using nvidia blob driver), SBLive, 120GB HDD for Linux.

Keyboard is a regular PS2 Memorex, and PS2 Logitech mouse.  Haven't seen
this kind of thing before in other Fedoras (been using them since FC1, and
RH before that since about 5.0).

TIA