[PLUG] Keyboard strangeness

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 19 14:49:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, Matt McKenzie wrote:

> I don't have a ~/.Xmodmap.  /etc/X11/Xmodmap is present and looks normal,
> nothing about shift-c.

   Distributions apparently look for it in different filesystems.

> Anywhere else I could be looking?
> I haven't found anything in compiz or emerald configs (GUI settings manager)

   Nothing comes to mind. But, just to clarify: where do you see the
inability to type C using the shift key? In a virtual console? In specific
applications? In every application/environment when X is running?

   I'm wondering if it's specific or universal.