[PLUG] Distro downloads 'n stuff (John Jason Jordan)

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Jun 22 06:37:20 UTC 2008

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:03:44 -0700
Bruce KIlpatrick <bakilpatrick at verizon.net> dijo:

> Try here...
>
> ftp://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/iso_images/

First, I suspected that the myriad files on these sites is really the
ISO. But if Slackware expects users to know how to compile those files
into a live CD or DVD, they didn't count on people like me. Now, I'll
bet someone will say "it's so easy, you just ...." Fine. If it's so
easy, why couldn't Slack people have made the files into ISOs.

In fairness, I think the problem is only 12.1. For previous versions I
have found ISOs all ready to download.

Regarding the links offered by Bruce and Tony, they do seem to have the
ISOs. However, now I need to figure out what "d1" to "d6" refer to.