[PLUG] Blogging/CMS ideas?

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 15:49:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 8:27 PM, Richard Lidzbarski
<eikonoklastic at comcast.net> wrote:
> In a state of semi-insantity and idle hands I've decided to start up a blog
> again. I used to use Wordpress but I'm curious about other options. Does
> anyone have experience with b2evolution, Drupal, Geeklog, Nucleus, etc?
> I'll be using a webhost (Acornhost) here in Portland. Thanks.

I like Movable Type.  I've found it somewhat easier to deal with than
Word Press, particularly when it comes to writing content.  MT seems
to keep the un-parsed text for each post/page around, so you can edit
it with whatever syntax you wrote it in in the first place (say,
markdown, textile, etc..).  MT works like a wiki in this regard, while
Word Press just seems to make the conversion to html immediately, and
I can't stand the visual editor (for either platform, really).

That may have changed though, and there are many more themes/skins
available for word press.

--Rogan