[PLUG] setting bit rate

Alan Olsen alan.olsen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 21:57:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Bruce KIlpatrick <bakilpatrick at verizon.net>
wrote:

> Alan Olsen wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Bruce KIlpatrick <
> bakilpatrick at verizon.net>
> > wrote:

> it

> still

> >> Sorry,
> >>
> >> I am running Ubuntu Gutsy.
> >>

> > Is NetworkManager even able to recognize the 54meg setting?  I have had
> very
> > little luck with getting NetworkManager to see my Broadcom card
> correctly.
> >
> > Which kernel driver are you using?  b43, b43legacy, or one of the older
> > drivers?
> >

> dmesg shows:
>
>  41.949372] bcm43xx driver
>
> The Restricted Drivers Manager shows:
>
>  Firmware for Broadcom 43xx chipset family
>
> lspci:
>
> 03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan
> mini-PCI (rev 01)
>
> Active Connection Information:
>
>  Speed:      24 Mb/s
>  Driver:      bcm43xx

You are running the older driver.  Not certain if there is a good fix for
this since that driver has been deprecated.  (The b43 driver is the current
driver and, in my opinion, is much more stable.)  The b43 driver will need
the version 4 firmware.  I am not certain when Ubuntu will support it.  (The
next version I would expect.)

I would check my laptop for speed if I had it here, but I don't.