[PLUG] Emacs Replace At End of Line

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Mar 13 15:26:36 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich>    I'm trying to replace a '\n' with '),\n', but haven't figured out the
Rich> proper syntax. The search is specified with \$, but if I specify the
Rich> replacement as ),\$ the editor wants to keep adding '),' to the end of the
Rich> same line.

M-x query-replace RET (invoke query-replace)
^Q RET RET (escape the return with control Q, set search string)
) , ^Q RET RET (escape the replacement return with control Q, replace string)

hit "y" a few times to verify that it's doing the right thing, then hit "!"
to do the rest.