[PLUG] laptop bag - marginally Linux related

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Mar 14 01:12:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:14:59 -0700
Kurt Sussman <plug at merlot.com> dijo:

> A comfortable backpack would be great; a messenger bag might work also.

I use a The North Face backpack, "Bandwidth" model, that holds my T61
with the fat battery just fine. The laptop compartment is padded and
also has a sling on the bottom to keep the laptop from being banged if
you set the backpack down hard. In addition to my T61 the laptop
compartment will hold a fat notebook and a couple of textbooks. I use
the front compartment for the power brick, bluetooth headphones, iPod,
enough clothes for a couple of days, and a couple more books. There is
also a smaller front compartment suitable for toothbrush, razor, and
related articles.

I don't know if they still make it, but I do know that The North Face
advertising literature lists the maximum screen size that you can get
in their various backpacks. I got it at an outdoor outftter store on
Broadway just south of Burnside - name escapes me at the moment. It's
not REI, but that's the kind of merchandise they sell.

Also, because it's the "Bandwidth" model, carrying my laptop around in
it makes the network faster.