[PLUG] Simple wget question

kurt braget joehaircut at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 02:09:36 UTC 2008

I see this in 'man wget':

>       -P prefix
>       --directory-prefix=prefix
>           Set directory prefix to prefix.  The directory prefix is the
> directory where
>            all other files and subdirectories will be saved to, i.e. the
> top of the
>           retrieval tree.  The default is . (the current directory).

This seems like the way I'm looking for (the -P option). The command I was
running is this (minus quotes): "wget -c -i image_urls.txt", which works
great but probably not as a cron job. So if I was to modify this command to
put files into the proper directory, I come up with this (minus quotes):
"wget -c -P /home/webadmin/images/ -i image_urls.txt". I'm not sure whether
or not the syntax is right, and I'd rather not run the command on the server
without getting the ok by someone who has done this before. I was also
thinking that it might be easier to simply add the command "cd
/home/webadmin/images/" before the wget command... Any suggestions? Thanks!