[PLUG] How to create flash files

Brent Rieck bsr at spek.org
Mon Mar 24 23:19:50 UTC 2008

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> So the liScroll thing looks like the path of least resistance.
> Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out what to do with it from the web
> site. It looks like I'll have to take a course in Javascript and
> another in HTML before I can do it.
>
> The website I am working on is at pbwiki, and it allows plugins:
>
> http://ipa4linguists.pbwiki.com/FrontPage
>
> I just don't know what part of liScroll is which. I do know how to
> create the IPA characters in HTML - ǝ is ǝ and so on. The
> liScroll web site says it needs an unordered list. Everything in my
> life is unordered, so that should be easy enough. I downloaded the
> jquer.li-scroller.1.0.js. I assume I am supposed to upload it to my
> website. But where does the list of IPA characters go?

Ahh, well, if you're on pbwiki I think you're out of luck on the
javascript front, and maybe on the flash front too, but I can't tell
from my quick glance at their website.	If it was in a regular ol'
webpage either solution would work (though I think the fastest and
easiest is the JS one); email me off-list if you'd like help getting it
set up outside of pbwiki though.

--Brent