[PLUG] Need laptop recomendations

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Mar 28 22:42:33 UTC 2008

It looks like I am going to need another laptop.  This one is near dead.
(It overheats if the cpu runs for more than a minute at full speed.)

What I am looking for is something that has a good warranty, is light, has
an AMD dual core processor, a fast video card with lots of ram and is not
over $2000.

I am looking at a couple of HPs.  I have ruled out Lenovo.  (They don't
have the graphics card I need.)  Dell is overpriced for what I want.

Are there other brands I should look at?  I don't know who has a good
warranty for accidental breakage these days.

Ideas? Suggestions?