[PLUG] Hans Reiser - Creator of ReiserFS

Ronald Chmara ron at Opus1.COM
Thu May 1 07:25:22 UTC 2008

On Apr 30, 2008, at 11:41 PM, robinson-west user wrote:
> If Nina is found alive...
>
> I'm ashamed of the jurors, there doesn't seem to be any solid
> evidence to prove that Nina died let alone that there was a
> murder.  The whole thing stinks.
>
> I guess the moral of the trial is, don't act guilty even if
> all the evidence against you is circumstantial.

Don't:
1. Try to hide your car.
2. Try to "clean" your car by hosing down the interior. With a hose.
3. Remove passenger seat from said car, so you "can sleep there",
especially if you have a house and a bed.
4. Tell a jury you'd rather sleep in an undrained inch of water in
your car than your bed, ....in a car parked a mile from your house.
5. Tell a jury that a 6-inch blood stain on a bag was caused by sex.
6. Leave bloodstains from the wife in the house, during a messy divorce.
7. Take a road trip through the desert, for no appreciable reason,
after your wife disappears.
8. Show up to pick up your kids on the wrong day, after she
disappears, but before there's any reason to think she wouldn't appear.

My take is that he thought he was smarter than any one cop, lawyer,
or prosecutor he would face, and forgot about the intelligence of
crowds.

I will miss his code contributions... but he seems guilty as heck to me.

-Bop