[PLUG] SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: May PLUG Meeting

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Thu May 1 17:38:52 UTC 2008

                             MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

                        The Portland Linux/Unix Group
                                  will meet
                          7 PM Thursday May 1, 2008
                                      at
                          Portland State University
                                    in the
                               Fariborz Maseeh
              College of Engineering & Computer Science Building
                                   Room 325
           The building is on SW 4th across from SW College Street.
        See location H-10 on map at http://pdxLinux.org/campus_map.jpg

                                 PRESENTATION

                             Short Topic Discussion

     For the first time in a long time, we do not have a scheduled
     speaker this month - unless someone volunteers at the last minute.

     Instead, we plan to have a series of short discussions and "show
     and tell" topics by anyone wanting to speak for 5 or 10 minutes.
     It should also be a good chance to ask questions and get people
     opinions about some topic.

         Agenda:

             7:00 - 7:30  Business
                  We will discuss the status of our ongoing projects
                  including PLUG's monthly Advanced Topics meetings,
                  PLUG's monthly hands on clinics, PLUG for Education,
                  etc.

             7:30 - 8:30  Presentation

                  See above

             9:00 - ...  Beer
                                 Jax Bar And Restaurant
                                 826 SW 2nd Avenue
                                 Portland
                                 (Note:  We no longer use the Lucky Lab.)

                                         David Mandel
                                         Chief Activist
                                         Portland Linux/Unix Group
                                         560 SE Alexander
                                         Corvallis, Oregon 97333
                                         (541) 730-5285 mobile
                                         dmandel at pdxLinux.org

         P.S.  The Mid Willamette Valley Linux Users Group meets
               every month.  They are currently meeting at 6:00 PM
               on the third Wednesday of the month at the Corvallis
               Chamber of Commerce in Corvallis.
               As of May 2008, the Mid Willamette Valley Linux Users
               Group was under reconstruction.  Once this is done
               see http://www.lug.corvallis.or.us/ for details.

         P.S.  The Eugene Linux Users Group meets several times a month.
               See http://www.euglug.org for details.