[PLUG] SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: May PLUG Meeting

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu May 1 21:33:35 UTC 2008

David>      For the first time in a long time, we do not have a
David> scheduled speaker this month - unless someone volunteers at the
David> last minute.

David>      Instead, we plan to have a series of short discussions and
David> "show and tell" topics by anyone wanting to speak for 5 or 10
David> minutes.  [...]

I can talk about some data collection I did this week measuring
"static" magnetic fields on the University of Washington campus (I
just got back last night).  It relates to a Sound Transit light rail
project and possible spurious magnetic field signals affecting
sensitive instrumentation in use at the University.  I built an
"improvised measurement device" similar to my "purple box of doom"
wifi stumbler that we could deploy outdoors for several hours at a
time and run off battery and that we could also control and monitor
remotely over wifi.

I can also show the software I wrote to query the instrumentation and
timestamp the response.

seniorr at aracnet.com