[PLUG] How to find driver version number

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Thu May 8 20:23:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 May 2008, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
>  > My command line reference books are not helping and neither is Google,
>  > nor can I find a GUI in Hardy with the answer. I want to find what
>  > version of the iwl4965 wireless driver I am using. Lsmod just gives me
>  > "iwl4965." There has to be a way from the command line to get the
>  > details, but I can't find it. Suggestions?
>
>  modinfo iwl4965 | head

Nice.  How did you know about modinfo?

I did a man on lsmod, modprobe, insmod, and rmmod, none of which
reference modinfo.  A man on modinfo did reference modprobe.  Since
cross-referencing seems inomplete, I tried this to see what other
interesting module commands may show up:

$ man -k module | grep -i kernel

pcimodules looks interesting, although I'm not quite clear on how it
differs from lsmod.

Regards,
- Robert