[PLUG] WAP11 1.14.1...

Matt McKenzie lnxknight at gmail.com
Sat May 10 06:27:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 10:28 PM, robinson-west user <
plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> It is configured via 2000/XP/98 through a program that works over USB.
>
> Question is, is there a way to configure it from a Linux system?
>
> I was dismayed that this used AP didn't come with drivers, but I
> was able to download them at least.

This is a Linksys WAP yes?
If so, it should have a web based configuration, like all Linksys routers.
It should be the default gateway address (such as 192.168.1.1, or
192.168.1.254 or etc), check the manual.
It should also have a standard default password, like username:admin,
pw:linksys, etc.  Again check manual.
>From there you can change settings to your liking.

What "drivers" do you need for a WAP?  You need drivers for a wireless card,
but the WAP should be OS agnostic, if your system supports 802.11a/b/g it
should work- as well as good ole 10/100 ethernet for direct interface and
admin.  The only "drivers" you might find would be the proprietary config
program, which you don't really need (shouldn't), and then possibly a
downloadable flash update for the firmware.