[PLUG] Ubuntu 30-boot forced fsck

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Thu May 15 14:00:28 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 06:49 -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> you're better off accepting the default you
> distro installs. Most of them default to ext3, but I think one of them
> does default to reiserfs 3.

SUSE used to use reiserfs by default. However, because of reiser4
Namesys basically abandoned reiserfs years ago. There's a couple of
developers at Novell maintaining reiserfs for SLES, but apparently
everyone hates it because the code is so ugly. Novell has announced that
SLES11 will use ext3/ext4 instead. openSUSE has already started down
this path. Looks like reiserfs's days are numbered.