[PLUG] Ubuntu 30-boot forced fsck

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Thu May 15 17:08:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:40 AM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
> I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the laptop runs just plain
> ext3 and the desktop drives are set up with mdadm as mirror neurons.
> Has anyone else experienced this yet?

I have not and, like you, think this is a great feature.  If it would
be anywhere, I would imagine it would be somewhere in the startup
scripts.  So, I greped for 'routine' in the /etc/ tree but didn't find
anything:

$ sudo grep -R -i routine /etc/

The next place I thought to look was in the *fsck* binaries:

$ sudo strings -f /sbin/*fsck* | grep -i routine

Again, nothing.  Same results with Gutsy and Hardy.  If that feature
exists, it's well hidden.

Regards,
- Robert