[PLUG] cdrecord from cronjob

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Sat May 17 04:02:35 UTC 2008

I've run into an interesting situation and am looking for some insight.

The scripts that copies some selected directories, creates and iso
image, blanks the CD-RW, then burns the image to the CD works fine from
the command line but when called aa a cronjob cdrecord seems to get it
wrong.  Some times the blanking doesn't work and sometimes it does and
then the iso burn works but when trying to mount the drive it tosses all
kinds of fits about not finding a valid file system.

Since it works from the command line I'm assuming I've got all the
pieces write but it pukes from cron.

Clue-stick anyone?

TIA,
Rod