[PLUG] email joe-job.

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon May 19 22:18:22 UTC 2008

Looks like I've had a joe-job done to my main email address.  Forged
envelopes with my address as the Return-Path.  A couple of thousand
bounce messages since around 10:30 this morning and still coming in.

Any ideas as to how to identify that they are bounce messages.  Is there
a postfix header check or a procmail recipe?

I'll probably start with the Sender containing postmaster and dump that
into a folder.  That should cut down on the pile I have to sort through
so I don't miss a real message.

Not sure Spam Assassin would help and this is a pretty old mail server,
running postfix, that has never been compromised before, so installing
Spam Assassin isn't a good option.  I'm working towards replacing it but
not ready yet.  Looks like I might have to get ready sooner.

Man do I hate Mondays!

Rod