[PLUG] OT sql communication between nix boxen

mhewan1 at comcast.net mhewan1 at comcast.net
Fri May 23 22:55:24 UTC 2008

ODBC or JDBC with a bunch of ETL (Extract, Translate, Load) scripts, or find a commercial ETL vendor, there are lots.

I recently learned of a general purpose tool (commercial and probably $$$, but runs on Linux) that automates much of the data collection and transformation for data warehousing from multiple sources, check out http://www.abinitio.com/abinitio/ab.nsf/cooperating (not a lot of info, but the application looks promising).

From: Fred James <fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net>