[PLUG] wireless adapters for thinkpad laptop

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue May 27 23:54:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008 14:09:08 -0700
t_rex at verizon.net dijo:

> I am trying to find a wireless adapter for my Thinkpad that will work with
> Linux and/or Win98.  I have a Ativa AWGNA54.  I am looking at two other
> models:  Linksys WPC54G or Netgear WG511TNA.  All three will work with Win98,
> can anybody at the Linux Clinic get one of the other three to work with
> Linux?

I have a borrowed Netgear WG511T that works fine in my Thinkpad T61.
Actually I haven't used it for a month because the upgrade to Hardy,
plus installing Linux headers, has gotten the interanal iwl4965agn
working. So far anyway (knocking on wood). I don't know it it will work
with Win98, but I keep trucking it around in my backpack. If you want
to test it with Linux I'll be at PSU tomorrow.

I have no ken of the Ativa or Linksys models you mentioned.