[PLUG] Asterisk Server for Art Project...

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Thu May 29 20:08:33 UTC 2008

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2008, Benjamin Foote wrote:
>
>> I feel like it's just a bit different if it actually rings.  There's such a
>> kinetic element to that clang.
>
>    Timer and battery would do the trick.

Alas, it's not that simple.  The POTS ring voltage is 90 VAC @ 20 Hz.
  There are various ways of generating an acceptable signal, but they
require time and a bit of electronics expertise.  I'm guessing that
Benjamin is short on both counts.

Benjamin, if you do manage to track down an Asterisk system, I'd
recommend checking the specs of the line card to be sure it's capable
of driving a traditional ringer.

galen