[PLUG] Network card stops...

robinson-west user plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sun Nov 2 22:30:54 UTC 2008

I have a network card in my server that keeps stopping cold.  If I
unplug the network cable to this FA311 Netgear card and plug it back
in, the link stays up for a while.  The only errors I see so far in
the syslog are bind error messages that the link is down.  The
mobo has an AMI bios and is a VIA Aspen II I believe.  The
processor is an Athlon 800.  I can't plug/unplug the cable all the
time to get it back up.  Anyone know of a specific issue for this
motherboard?  I looked in the bios to see if I can reassign the
interrupt etcetera, but there were no options to do that.

     Michael Robinson