[PLUG] Borked grub!

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Sun Nov 16 00:22:03 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 15:48 -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I have a passing familiarity with grub, but this has me flummoxed. The
> ghost of 2.6.24-19 refuses to leave. I'm about to call in a priest. Any
> suggestions?

I'm guessing that you accidentally created a new /boot and installed the
new grub to to your new /boot partition instead of the MBR.

If that is the case, the following should fix your system:

sudo grub-install /dev/sda

WARNING! This will replace the boot loader in your MBR. If you have
multiple operating systems installed, you might not be able to boot the
others without modifying your grub config.

It's not that hard to juggle boot loaders, but I'm too lazy to go into
detail since I doubt you're doing it.