[PLUG] Firefox-2.0.0.18 Issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Nov 19 14:26:28 UTC 2008

   Firefox gets flaky now and then and becomes distracting and annoying in
its misbehavior. Two issues that I cannot resolve and for which I ask for
your thoughts.

   1.) Since the upgrade to 2.0.0.18 many web pages display a bar at the top
telling me I need more plugins to see all the wonderful eye-candy the page
creator threw in. I fell for this the first time or two and it turns out the
missing plugin is the flash player. But, that's already installed in the
correct version for this firefox release. Where do I go to turn off this
annoying message that moves the page display down to show me the bar? The
display won't stay away when I close it, but repeats like oninons on a bad
hamburger.

   2.) There is a recipe page that I try to print to a file, but only the top
portion of the web page actually makes it to the PostScript file. The file
is 4 pages long, but the first, third, and fourth pages are blank. I've not
had this happen with any other web page, and it's been happening with the
current and past versions of firefox. I've no idea why it is messed up, nor
do I have a clue what, if anything, can be done. Do you?