[PLUG] Open source and medical care (was Downturns ... )

znmeb at cesmail.net znmeb at cesmail.net
Wed Nov 26 19:00:47 UTC 2008

Quoting Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com>:

[snip]

> Saving your life, saving the world, and maybe getting rich.  Not
> a bad way to spend your unemployed time.

Well ... I can come up with a whole list of cynical reasons why this
can't possibly work, so it must be a fantastic idea! :) But seriously,
the high costs of poor quality in medical IT haven't escaped the
pundits on the subject, and in the presence of a sane global
macro-economic environment, fixing them would have been on the short
list of projects for the Obama-Clinton administration.

To start the ball rolling, perhaps you could post this on your blog
... or if you don't have a blog, I can post it on mine
(http://borasky-research.posterous.com/)