[PLUG] Standard for Contacting Web Sites

Tim tim-pdxlug at sentinelchicken.org
Sat Nov 29 17:39:49 UTC 2008

Hi Dick,

> This week I registered a domain, dicksteffens.com, and am building some
> web pages for it. (It only has a very brief "under construction" page
> for now.) Now that I'm putting up a more serious site than the ones I've
> done for my Comcast account I figure I should at least make the attempt
> do abide by the standards. My thanks to this list for the breadth of
> subjects covered that taught me that such standards exist.

See:  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2142.txt

There may be newer RFCs with updates to this list, but this should get
you started.  For the most part, if you're running a mail server and a
web server, having "postmaster", "webmaster", "info", and "abuse" are
probably sufficient.  Note that these addresses will probably receive
quite a bit of spam, so be prepared.

HTH,
tim