[PLUG] Cat 5e wiring

Ronald Chmara ronabop at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 05:38:22 UTC 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 4:46 PM, Bruce KIlpatrick wrote:

> All,
>
> I am trying to run cat 5 cable from my router to two other rooms.  I
> have the wire pulled, spliced together, and am having trouble making
> both cables work.  I have tried resplicing, new wire, and new ends for
> the wall plates.

Others have chimed in, I have this to say:
"cat 5 requires a six inch bend radius"

When trying to get cables to work, a lot of us older folks are used
to, well, older rules.

Sure, a two inch bend radius works on our car.

Yeah, we could be sloppy as heck with bell wire, splice it, join it
with electrical tape, whatever.

Back in 10-T days, it didn't matter if we were TIA-568A, or TIA-568B.

...but *now* it matters.

-Bop