[PLUG] Can't get past my router

rsteff at comcast.net rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Oct 20 00:44:15 UTC 2008

I'm sending this from the Comcast web mail interface, using my laptop. At the clinic today I changed my desktop machine from a static IP address to DHCP so I could connect from Free Geek. All was well.

When I got home, I changed back to a static IP address. Now, I can't get past my router. I can ping the router, and I can ping my laptop. I don't think I changed anything else. The gateway address is the correct one for the router. To be more accurate, I didn't change back to a static IP address right away. I didn't think of it at first. However, even with DHCP, I still couldn't get past my router. I've tried ifconfig eth0 down/up with no change.

Any ideas on how to tell the machine it's home again?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens