[PLUG] Can't get past my router

wes plug at the-wes.com
Mon Oct 20 03:01:10 UTC 2008

> Now that I know that
>
> search fglan
> nameserver 192.168.253.11
> nameserver 192.168.253.12
>
> are from Free Geek, when I look at System>Administration>Network from the
> Ubuntu menu, I see that I needed to remove them from the DNS Servers and
> Search Domains sections of Network Settings. I don't know what should go
> back, though. Would that be something like comcast.net?
>
> Thanks for all the help.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Dick Steffens

The search domain is unrelevant in your case. You need to find out what DNS
servers your router uses, and put them into resolve.conf after "nameserver"
on each line.

You should remove the rest of the stuff you put in there, that is not
resolv.conf material.

Here are some comcast DNS servers you can try, if your router doesn't have
other settings:

68.87.69.146
68.87.85.98
68.87.78.130

or, you can try your router's address itself (192.168.0.1), in case it is
acting as a DNS gateway as well.

-wes