[PLUG] email alias for hardware guy

Carlos Konstanski ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com
Sun Oct 26 19:42:12 UTC 2008

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008, donkyhotay wrote:

> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:03:46 -0700
> From: donkyhotay <donkyhotay at verizon.net>
> To: "General Linux/UNIX discussion and help; civil and on-topic"
>     <plug at lists.pdxlinux.org>
> Subject: Re: [PLUG] email alias for hardware guy
>
> I don't know of any official ones, personally I would use
> IT at somedomain.com or something similar.
>
> Carlos Konstanski wrote:
>> Is there a typical email alias for the guy who is in charge of the
>> hardware for a website?  You have your postmaster, hostmaster, and
>> abuse aliases, but these all seem software related.  What about the
>> hardware/infrastructure guy?
>>
>> Carlos

That one is pretty good, but "IT" has a corporate ring to it which
makes my skin crawl a bit (I guess 5 years in corporate IT settings
has left me jaded).  And the website I have in mind is for a
family-owned business.

If there isn't a standard, I think I'd go with something that is more
directly hardware-related, like "hardware".  Still open to suggestions
though!  I see posts on google that hint at the fact that "postmaster"
is mandataed by an RFC.  Does anyone know which one?

Carlos