[PLUG] Canonical releases Intrepid Ibex

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Oct 31 16:58:04 UTC 2008

I should also have mentioned that Intrepid has made some rather drastic
changes to the way video is configured. For example, as I understand
it, there is no longer an xorg.conf file. Hence a word of warning to
those who have had problems getting their video set up in the past. You
folks should definitely run the live CD first. In my case it found the
nVidia chip in my laptop and automatically set it up just fine. But in
my desktop (nVidia GeForce 6150 on the motherboard) it failed to detect
the chip at all.