[PLUG] SUSE 10.1 and YaST

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Tue Sep 16 05:05:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 21:25 -0700, wes wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 10:38 -0700, wes wrote:
> > > I have this same problem periodically. SuSe appears to subscribe to the
> > > philosophy that "the latest is the greatest" - upgrade or get left
> > behind.
>
> They should not be taking my package repository hostage to force me to do this.

You seem to feel awfully entitled to a free service. Perhaps you have
have considered investing in some hard drives and setting up your own
mirror? Perhaps even contributing some bandwidth by getting added to the
public mirror list?

I do not know why the packages were pulled, but I doubt it was done to
force anyone to do anything. More likely it was to save space, bandwidth
and avoid any appearance of continuing support.

I repeat, if you wanted long term support you should have payed for it.
Either with a support subscription, or else with your own hardware and
bandwidth.