[PLUG] Looking for suggestions / first-hand experience with tablet PCs.

Kurt Sussman plug at merlot.com
Sat Sep 20 03:04:23 UTC 2008

John Jason Jordan (johnxj at comcast.net) typed this ...
> I have never used a tablet PC, but I do have some experience with a
> Lenovo T61. Of all that you mention above, battery life is something I
> would check out thoroughly. Lenovo claims 4-5 hours battery life for my
> machine, but the best I can get is about two and a half. Yet I know

I also have a T61, but I have the integrated video (Intel, not NVidia),
and I get 4.5-5 hours on battery. This machine is maxed out with 4G RAM,
15.4" widescreen, 7200rpm 200G SATA2 drive, etc.

So the rated battery life isn't a complete lie, but some options will
certainly prevent you from getting it.

--Kurt