[PLUG] Received Mail difficult to forward

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Sep 22 19:47:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:55:34AM -0700, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> I have received a few emails which contain text and pictures. These have
> come forwarded to me from a couple of different people.  When I try to
> forward the email the pictures are missing ...
> Can anybody tell me what is happening?  Is there a way for me to change the
> way TB handles these so that I can forward them without having to painfully
> reconstruct them by saving each image separately and attaching the saved
> images?

I don't know what it is called in Thunderbird, but with the text-
based Mutt mailer this is called a "bounce" instead of the normal
"forward".  Bounce sends a duplicate of the message, attachments
and all, to the email address specified in the bounce command.
Hopefully, TB has something similar, and perhaps the name will
help you find it.

Keith