[PLUG] Missing emails

wes plug at the-wes.com
Wed Sep 24 14:54:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 6:06 AM, frank hunt <linux at frankhunt.com> wrote:

> Derek Loree wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 11:05 -0700, frank hunt wrote:
> >
> >> The logs look fine as far as I can tell.  I did find that I was blocking
> >> some IP's owned by yahoo with IPtables and removed that.  If the "no mx
> >> or a records for frankhunt.com" is really the error they are seeing
> (and
> >> not a result of a timeout or garbage collection), then nothing would
> >> ever reach my site since it can't be located, right?  If that is the
> >> case then I won't see anything in the logs.
> >>
> > This is acting like a DNS server with a very short TTL and less than
> > 100% availability.  It should be a technical problem for your DNS
> > provider.
> >

> Comcast claims all is good and admits to nothing.
> Seem to be getting all the emails, at least for the last 12 hours or so.
>

> --
> frank hunt
> befuddled linux admin
> erstwhile photographer
> hillsboro oregon

I think he meant the DNS provider for your domain. Comcast doesn't host
domains, to my knowledge. In the case of frankhunt.com, the DNS provider
would be ZoneEdit. I used to work for the company that just bought them out
(Dotster) so I would not be surprised if they suddenly started having a lot
of "Issues"

-wes