[PLUG] A Question on Pine Roles

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 24 17:51:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> No, it's a mail folder (aka mailbox).

Paul,

   If I correctly understand, each mbox file is a mail folder/mailbox.

> I use Alpine to poll multiple inboxes on multiple servers. I use procmail
> to filter new messages into various folders.

   Here procmail filters messages from one server into the different folders,
but I don't have a separate one for the alternate domain (used only for
personal mail).

> The role used in composing and replies is determined by which folder is
> open at the time. If I'm reading mail in my "plug" folder, for instance,
> my madboa.com role becomes the default. For other mailing lists, I use my
> work address.

   Then I need a separate folder for the personal mail that uses the
alternate domain and figure out how to specify that in the pine setup.

Thanks,