[PLUG] Going back to Hardy

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Thu Apr 2 08:29:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 05:16:56PM -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> The install log has a lot of stuff in it, none of which make any
> sense to me. I can't put it all here because I'd have to type it all
> manually.

You should be able to copy it over the "network" to the host system,
e.g.:

  scp /var/log/vboxadd-install.log yourlaptopshostnamehere:

Seeing the log file might make troubleshooting this a lot easier. I
have an Ubuntu 7.10 32-bit guest running under VirtualBox 2.1.4 OSE on
an AMD64 host, and have had no issues installing the guest additions.
Select "Devices->Install Guest Additions..." menu item, and when the
ISO is mounted and shows up on the guest's desktop, sudo the
appropriate *.run file.

My Ubuntu 7.10 guest install is "stock", too, right off the CD. I only
use it for exploring alternative distros, so I've never added much
extra (i.e., I never explicitly installed any kernel headers, gcc,
etc.).

--
Paul