[PLUG] svn + mysql

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:36:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 14:27, Galen Seitz <galens at seitzassoc.com> wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>> Does anyone have any experience or know of any applications that
>> integrate Subversion with MySQL as a backend for the repositories?
>
> There was talk of a MySQL backend for Subversion at one time, but I
> think this is dead.  FSFS is what is currently used.  What are you
> looking for that the current Subversion implementation doesn't offer?

FSFS is default, but berkeley db is available in case you really want
to put all your eggs in one basket.

i did a migration about 6 months ago from an old BDB repo into a new
FSFS repo, and i am really thrilled not to have one huge binary file
as my entire repo now.  this could be an artifact of the old version
of SVN we were using, but things got squirrelly after we passed the
11GB mark on our repository (we check in a lot of huge binary files,
our source code is not that prolific...only on revision 12,900 or so
for 6 years of history).  symptoms included incomplete reports from
svn log, extremely slow checkouts/checkins, and occasional misc
weirdness on the server and client side.

so as you may have gathered, this is not a huge recommendation for the
BDB backend.