[PLUG] centos/rhel update from 5.2 to 5.3 creates system-auth.rpmnew

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Mon Apr 13 00:58:06 UTC 2009

I just updated two machines today from CentOS 5.2 to 5.3.  In both
cases the update created /etc/pam.d/system-auth.rpmnew.  The original
file system-auth is a symbolic link to system-auth-ac.  system-auth-ac
  is an auto-generated file created by authconfig.  Unsurprisingly,
there are several lines that differ between system-auth-ac and
system-auth.rpmnew.  Should I be concerned by this?  Should I rerun
authconfig?  How have others handled this?

thanks,
galen

--
Galen Seitz