[PLUG] News from beta testing land

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky zznmeb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 06:34:34 UTC 2009

I've been playing with it for a week or so. It seems to be in
reasonable shape -- not too many crashes, no data loss (yet). But I
can't get past the hideous color scheme ... Ubuntu brown and orange.
So I'm sticking with openSUSE for the moment. But I'm going to put the
Xubuntu version on my ancient 512 MB laptop just to see what happens.
:)

I also tried the Fedora 11 beta. It's more or less a disaster at the
moment. It sent a kernel oops to the mother ship in the process of
attempting an install, and it blew up trying to format a partition
after that. And it looked to me like the (Gnome) LiveCD didn't even
have Open Office on it!
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://www.linkedin.com/in/edborasky