[PLUG] Urgent: Screen for Advanced Topics (2)

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Apr 16 06:19:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 06:51:32PM -0700, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Roots painted their wall orange.  Can anyone bring a large white
> screen to advanced topics tonight?

The eye is wonderfully adaptive.  After a few minutes, nobody noticed
that all the white letters were orange.  I usually do my presentations
with white/yellow/gray lettering on a dark bluish background (actually,
SUN1=#333366 ), so I picked the right color combination to work with
an orange wall.  However, future talks with the usual black lettering
on a white background may not fare so well.

We started the presentation at 730 tonight, around twilight, and
the room was dark by the time I was done.  As midsummer approaches,
it will be light a lot longer into the evening, and that will
accentuate the wall color problem.

So ... how to deal with this for the "average" talk at future AT
presentations?  I can project an 8 foot wide image on that orange
wall, or I can bring my portable 5 foot wide screen and set it up
on a table.  Which image would people rather see at Advanced Topics?

Keith