[PLUG] Small Business Accounting Software

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Apr 16 15:11:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:42:52 -0700
Mark Turner <mark at amerine.net> dijo:

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Tim Wescott <tim at wescottdesign.com> wrote:
> > While we're on the general subject of accounting software:
> >
> > I'm looking for a good, possibly simpler, replacement for Peachtree.
> > Basically I'm looking for something that's good for a business that has
> > three to five active customers at any one time.  I mostly need to track
> > invoices, customer accounts, expenses and a general ledger.  Being able to
> > extract reports would be a nice feature.  It shouldn't need a full-time
> > accountant or programmer to keep things perking along.
> >
> > Suggestions?
>
> I'm not sure if one of your requirements is that it's opensource but...
> There is some excellent web based accounting software out there.
>
> My personal favorite is LessAccounting (http://lessaccounting.com),
> they have a free account that works fantastic for my low volume.

LessAccounting sounds interesting. Even the name appeals to me. 'Cause
bookkeeping work sucks.

However most of the screenshot images on lessaccounting.com produced
only a gray box in Firefox 3.something on my up to date Intrepid x86_64
computer. I do have problems with flash quitting, requiring me to
restart Firefox to get it working again. I usually don't bother, 'cause
flash also generally sucks. If LessAccounting requires flash I am
disimpressed.