[PLUG] Small Business Accounting Software

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Apr 16 15:53:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:37:22 -0700
Mark Turner <mark at amerine.net> dijo:

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:11 AM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
> > LessAccounting sounds interesting. Even the name appeals to me. 'Cause
> > bookkeeping work sucks.
> >
> > However most of the screenshot images on lessaccounting.com produced
> > only a gray box in Firefox 3.something on my up to date Intrepid x86_64
> > computer. I do have problems with flash quitting, requiring me to
> > restart Firefox to get it working again. I usually don't bother, 'cause
> > flash also generally sucks. If LessAccounting requires flash I am
> > disimpressed.
>
> I just checked that it worked with the flash plugin disabled and it
> does. I'm fairly sure the only place they are using flash is on their
> movie page: http://lessaccounting.com/movie.html.
>
> I can't suggest them enough. The reason I'm vocal about it is the
> support, you can Contact Steve or Allan (The two guys that run it) and
> they respond almost instantly and have always provided great service.

I finally decided to restart Firefox to get flash working again. (It
will work for a few hours to a few days before it quits again.) I
wathed the flash videos on lessaccounting.com, but some of the other
windows were still gray boxes, e.g., the Contacts and Business Settings
boxes on http://lessaccounting.com/movie.html.

What I really wanted to find out is what it means when it says about
the freebie account "limited use of invoices and expenses, accounting
reports."