[PLUG] Make some tax software...

Michael michael at jamhome.us
Thu Apr 16 15:56:55 UTC 2009

donkyhotay wrote:
> Except turbo tax is trying to move away from linux compatibility. There
> is another thread on this list where people are complaining about the
> flash requirement of turbo tax. Flash doesn't bother me so much (though
> I'd prefer to be without it) but I've used turbo tax online since I
> first migrated to linux about 3 years ago (and used the install version
> before that). This year though I had to use the 'user agent switcher' to
> spoof turbo tax into thinking I was running IE on windows in order for
> it to let me in.

Really?  I just read the warning, clicked the continue (or equiv button) and
went about my business.  No lies needed at that part of the tax prep process.

The complaint I have about TT web is that it doesn't allow access to the Forms
view that stand alone TT has.  So when Nustar Energy's K-1 had a problem (a
one dollar allocation of income between domestic and foreign sources, with NO
tax affect) TT wouldn't let me file the return until I corrected the error,
but I didn't have access to the form to correct the error.

Growl.  Fortunately I did find a work around and am glad I understand the
accounting concept of "material."

And Cheers to Rivermark CU - when I couldn't find my 1098 (mortgage interest
statement) they called back with the numbers.  But Wait!  I'd origially left a
message asking for help and then called back to say "found it."  After
listening to both calls they called me anyway with the numbers just in case.
Nice service.

--
     Michael Rasmussen
   http://www.jamhome.us/