[PLUG] A challenge...

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Thu Apr 16 16:45:39 UTC 2009

Michael wrote:
> Galen Seitz wrote:
>> IIF you have Flash installed.  Last year it wasn't needed.  This
>> year's gratuitous Turbotax change was to require Flash.  $#%@#%$!!!!!
>>   If I didn't have such a long history with Turbotax, I'd evaluate
>> other vendors.
>
> And what does that long history do for you?

My sister used to work for Chipsoft, the company that originally
developed Turbotax.  She then worked for Intuit after they bought
Chipsoft.  She uses the pro series product, so I always send her my
tax file so she can review it for errors.  I've used Turbotax since
TY1990.  I've run it under dos, dosemu, W95, possibly wine, os 9,
possibly os X, and finally the online version.  Ignoring the flash
issue, the online edition has certainly simplified things.  No more
lengthy downloads and updates, no more messing with emulation, and
importing the previous year's data is easy.  That said, it's still one
of those love/hate relationships.

--
Galen Seitz
galens at seitzassoc.com