[PLUG] A challenge...

Joe Shisei Niski joeniski at easystreet.net
Thu Apr 16 19:07:10 UTC 2009

Rogan Creswick wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Michael <michael at jamhome.us> wrote:
>
>> So what does that long history do for you in TY N+1 ?
>>
> I like not needing to remember when I changed from TaxSlayer to pen &
> paper, to Fiducial, to TurboTax to ....
>
> The fewer places I might have to go to get previous year data (when I
> loose track of my personal copies), the better -- all other things
> being equal.
>
> --Rogan
Our consulting accountant (who we pay for 1 hour to review our
self-prepared return, and who usually saves us 2x his fee + the annual
cost of TT, which is Schedule C and E deductible anyway) is a better
TurboTax support tech than anyone employed by Intuit - he's helped me
force TT to do my bidding in some relatively challenging scenarios (1031
exchanges, odd depreciation allocations, Shcedule E loss
carry-forwards,etc.).

My biggest beef w/TT (the download & install versions) is how much the
ui/workflow changes from year to year - kind of gratuitous, and adds
unnecessary overhead to what should be a fairly repetitive process...
Yeah, running TT and Quicken on WinXP in VirtualBox is a bit
distasteful, but works just fine.

Joe