[PLUG] Comcast?

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 17:44:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 09:58, Denis Heidtmann <denish at dslnorthwest.net> wrote:
> I seem to recall comments here about people's experience with Comcast, not all
> of them good.  I am currently using Qwest dsl and dslnorthwest, and am very
> pleased with the support from the isp. The only reason I am even considering
> Comcast is cost.
>
> I would love to hear of your good/bad experiences.

i've used comcast as an individual customer for about 4 months, and
with my roommate as primary customer (she's cuter and the tech gives
her free stuff, like a new modem and free cable channels) for about 15
months, and i've never had any gripes with the service.  i do
occasionally bittorrent (and i suspect my girlfriend does it more than
occasionally--she says my internet works better than hers and she
watches a lot of older tv online), and haven't had any trouble with
bandwidth, service outage, service installation, or difficulty with
phone sales people (note:  i only ever had to call them to
order/cancel service--so no tech support opinion can be offered by
me).